Reopening of Exporail
A safe and pleasant visit
In order to minimize waiting time at the entrance and to control traffic on the site, all visitors to Exporail will have to reserve their ticket(s) in advance for a specific time via the online ticketing system, available on the museum’s website.
For free admission, a service fee of $0.50 will be charged upon reservation for the processing of credit card (Visa, Mastercard) transactions.
Access to the ticket booth
This summer, visitors will enter the museum through a new entrance with about 50 additional parking spaces.
The health measures put in place following the recommendations issued by the Public Health Department and the best practices developed by Exporail will allow visitors to explore the museum in safety.
Visitors with symptoms must postpone their visit. Exporail counts on the cooperation of its visitors and reminds them of the importance of following these preventative measures:
- Respect the hygiene measures posted on site: hand washing, electronic payment, sneezing and coughing into one’s elbow, no gathering.
- Respect signs and the separation of 2 metres.
- Respect one-way traffic.
- Wearing a face cover is strongly recommended inside the Angus Pavilion.
- Hydroalcoholic gel will be distributed in the reception areas.
Places to visit
- Artifact corridor.
- Great gallery of the Angus Pavilion.
- Model train room.
- Temporary exhibition room as of July 10, 2020.
- Gift shop.
- Model railway (outside).
- Guided tours.
- The interior of the vehicles in the Great Gallery.
- Projection room.
- Toddlers’ island.
- Locomotive driving simulator.
- Tramway rides.
- Passenger train rides.
- Demonstrations (steam locomotive, turntable, telegraphy).
- Open Reserve No. 5.
- Exhibits at Hays Station.
- Archives Centre (no on-site researchers are accepted at this time).
Plan available (coming soon)
- Circulation in the Great Gallery of the Angus Pavilion (.pdf)