The engine of Exporail
Volunteers have formed an integral part of Exporail, the Canadian Railway Museum since its inception in 1961. Today, more than 130 men and women volunteer their time to make a contribution to Exporail’s operations. Exporail’s volunteers are faithful allies and help carry out its mission. Exporail delights visitors of all ages by operating a railway museum which is fun to experience, and educates and informs at multiple levels in both official languages. As the leading railway museum in Canada, it strives to be among the best in the world.
Exporail offers you the chance to make the most of your skills and develop new ones in many different areas of activity.
- Administration and representing CRHA;
- Animation and services to the public;
- Canadian Rail magazine, translation and proofreading;
- Collection et archives;
- Mechanical maintenance*;
- Maintenance of buildings, outdoor site and railway tracks ;
- Model Train Room;
- Railway vehicle operations *.
* Training offered and required.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE TO WATCH THE VIDEO:
Thank you for offering your services
As a thank-you for volunteer involvement, Exporail offers :
- Free admission to the Museum for the volunteer and the people living at the same address;
- 10% discount at the boutique and at the Café le Tramway;
- Some Exporail items;
- Invitations to special activities for volunteers;
- Training program for the operation of railway vehicles (according to the means and needs of the Museum).
Are you motivated and passionate about railway history?
Do you want to get involved in a dynamic and stimulating environment?
Click on the following image to read the Volunteer Brochure:
He will contact you directly thereafter. If you are unable to fill in the form field, press “Esc”. For further information, please phone at 450 638-1522, ext. 222.
Volunteers must be a member of the CRHA to get involved with the Museum.
For more information